Saturday, July 11, 2015

It seems to be a wetter than normal summer...

Rock Island, IL


At least that is what the locals are talking about.  The storms seem to just keep on coming.  We are supposed to be looking at possible thunderstorms all this week.  Fortunately, I am leaving town this evening.  I am driving to Chicago, spending the night and flying out of Midway Airport at 10:55 a.m. tomorrow to go visit my son in Seattle.  So, let it rain, let it rain, let it rain

There is lots of wildlife around the campground.  
.
It has been many years since I had seen any swans in the wild.  These are really beautiful.  And, of course, a momma duck and her 14 chicks is fun to see also.
And the wildlife isn't exclusive to the water.  This red fox seems to be looking for something.  And then there is bigger wildlife...
When I first saw this deer and seven others, standing in a field along side the highway, I thought, what a great picture they would make.  As soon as I stopped they all began moving away.  This one paused, relatively close to the car.  A couple of the others paused a little farther away.
Look closely, there are two deer, near the fence row, in the center of the photo.  Apparently camera shy.  They just wouldn't hold still for the camera.

And of course there is wildlife in and around the Locks at the Mississippi River Visitor Center.
A couple of Blue Herons and a Pelican or two.

And there was a mink running around outside the Visitor Center last Monday, but I couldn't get a picture of him.

So, let me know what you think about the tour of the wildlife.  Send me a comment.  Come visit the Mississippi River Visitor Center.  Come take the tour.

Until next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment